Camping en Français in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta – August 18 – 20, 2023
Join CPF Alberta for our first annual camping event! Bring your trailer, tent trailer or tent or reserve one of the Tipis, Métis Trapper Tents or a Trapline cabins!
Who should attend? Families of French-Second-Language, French Immersion and Francophone students who wish to camp with other families.
- Please read Liability Waiver, prior to completing registration/booking tickets. – Please click HERE.
- *All participants/attendees under 18 must have a completed MEDICAL WAIVER.- Please click HERE. * Please complete this before registering or come back to this page to grab the link in order to complete.
- Please take a moment to review – Parks Canada Policy
Monitors (aged 16+). Please note that we do not have the same requirements for this event as we do for the Falling into French Weekend or French Family Fun weekend as some of the programming will be done by partner staff. Positions are limited and will be based on CPF Alberta requirements for the event.
Where will everything take place? Rocky Mountain House national Historic Site
What will take place? A fun-filled family camping weekend full of French and bilingual activities for French and non-French speakers.
Please find more detailed information – HERE.
Please find a Q&A – HERE.
Map of facility – HERE.
Why should you go? This is an opportunity for your child(ren) to use and practice French outside of school. It’s also a great opportunity to take some time to spend time with family and friends.
When will it take place? August 18 – 20, 2023
What will you need? This is a camping weekend, please bring your trailer, tent or tent trailer. Don’t have any of these, Rocky Mountain House Historic Site Campground has Tipis, Trappers Tents and Cabins available. Find a description HERE.
Included with registration cost:*
- 2 nights accommodation (un-serviced site for your tent or trailer, cabin, trappers tent or tipi)
- Friday evening scavenger hunt/fire-pit social
- Saturday youth programming in French (ages 6-12)
- Saturday night catered super with pot luck dessert
- Saturday evening entertainment/fire-pit social
- Sunday morning pancake breakfast
- Sunday family activity
*Activities may vary.
Cost? Camping package is a base rate for 1 adult + 1 Child additional adults and children extra. Children aged 5 and younger are FREE.
1 Adult + 1 child – unserviced camping site for tents and trailers – $150.00
1 Adult + 1 child – Trappers Tent – $250.00
1 Adult + 1 child – Tipi – $250.00
1 Adult + 1 child – Cabin (with power /no water)- $350
Cost for additional adults/children:
Each additional adult (18+) add: $30
Each additional child (6-12) add: $25 (incl. Programming)
Each additional youth (13 – 18) add: $25
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns – Isabelle Yeo at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Financial assistance is available. Please contact us directly at email@example.com *
You should receive a confirmation email once you register.