Studying French in Alberta & Canada
Alberta’s francophone college opened in September 2012. Its current programs:
- Business Administration (Techniques d’administration des affaires)
- Tourism Management (Gestion touristique)
- Educational Assistant (Aide-élève)
- Early Childhood Education (Éducation à la petite enfance)
Campus Saint-Jean is a department of the University of Alberta which offers the opportunity to study in a unique bilingual environment. It offers French language instruction in a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs, including:
- Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Canadian Studies, Economics, French Language, French Literature, History, Interdisciplinary Studies, Psychology, Political Science or Sociology
- Master of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce (Bilingual) (Collaborative effort between the University of Alberta School and Business and Campus Saint-Jean)
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education or BEd-AD or BEd/BSc Masters in Education
- A partnership with the Faculty of Engineering allows engineering students to complete their first year in French.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Bilingual) in conjunction with the Faculty of Nursing.
- Environmental and Conservation Sciences (Bilingual) in conjunction with the Faculty of Agriculture, Forestry, and Home Economics.
- Almost $50,000 available in bursaries and scholarships by phoning 780-465-8700, 1-800-537-2509
- Third and fourth year students registered in the arts, commerce, or education programs can choose to study for one semester in France.
Faculty of Education (to become a core French teacher)
French Language Instruction Program(FLIP) offers a variety of “Immersion” courses at the undergraduate level taught in French through the faculties of social sciences, humanities, and science called the
Faculty of Education (to become a French teacher)
Études supérieures: Pédagogie et leadership, a certificate program in French for graduate students at the Faculty of Education. For more information contact Dr. Sylvie Roy, Coordonnatrice du français, Faculté d’éducation, 403-220-5641, [email protected]
French Centre: immersion weekends, activities, tutorials, and more
Scholarships and Bursaries
Campus Saint-Jean Enquire about almost $50,000 available in bursaries and scholarships by phoning 780-465-8700, 1-800-537-2509
John Harold Louis Moreau Scholarship (you have to scroll down the page to find it) – For education students with superior academic achievement who intend to teach in both French and English upon graduation.
CPF’s Mary Joyce Booth Endowment Fund bursary program includes “scholarships to FSL” programs (core French and immersion) among the eligible programs.