* It is the policy position of CPF ALBERTA to strongly recommend and encourage all Individuals to become vaccinated against COVID-19, as recommended by the Ministry of Health and Provincial Health Officer.
Camping en Français in Elkwater, Alberta – Whispering Pines Fellowship Centre – June 30 – July 3, 2022
Join CPF Alberta for our first ever camping event! Bring your trailer, tent trailer or tent or reserve one of the 10 rustic & cozy cabins.
Get an idea of cabins HERE.
* Please note most cabins can hold two families of 6. To a maximum of 12 per cabin.
Who should attend? Families of French-Second-Language, French Immersion and Francophone students who wish to camp with other families.
- The family weekend is for CPF members only. Please join or renew your membership.The membership fee per family is $25 per year . You can register HERE to become a member! Your CPF ID number will be confirmed when you register.
- Please read Liability Waiver, prior to completing registration.
- Please read CPF Alberta’s Covid Event Policy, prior to completing registration.
- *All participants/attendees under 18 must have a completed MEDICAL WAIVER.* Please complete this before registering or come back to this page to grab the link in order to complete.
- Please take a moment to review – Whispering Pines Policy.
Monitors (aged 16+). Please note that we do not have the same requirements for this event as we do for the Falling into French Weekend or French Family Fun weekend as some of the programming will be done by partner staff. Positions are limited and will be based on CPF Alberta requirements for the event.
What will take place? A fun-filled family camping weekend full of French and bilingual activities for French and non-French speakers. Please find more detailed information HERE. Map of facility HERE. Please note, that generators are welcomed and there is power in the cabins.
Where will everything take place? Whispering Pines Fellowship Centre and Camp in Elkwater, Alberta and at Fort Walsh National Historic Site.
Why should you go? This is an opportunity for your child(ren) to use and practice their French outside of school. It’s also a great opportunity to take some time to check out the inter-provincial park, Cypress Hills! The lovely community of Elkwater (walking distance from camp) hosts a number of activities to enjoy including a large beach with boat rentals and an ice cream trailer.
When will it take place? June 30 – July 3, 2022
What will you need? This is a camping weekend, please bring your trailer, tent or tent trailer. Don’t have any of these, Whispering Pines Fellowship Centre is a summer camp site and there are rustic cabins available.
Cost? Is per family unit of a tent, trailer or cabin to a maximum of 6 people. Example: a tent, a trailer or a cabin to the maximum of 6. Have more than 6 people? Please add extra people using our day rate for Friday and Saturday. (Day rates are for ages 5 years of age and up). Generators welcome, power available in cabins.
Don’t want to camp or live close by? Join us for Friday, Saturday or both days using our day rates (per person/per day).
Extended Registration closes June 19, 2022 at 11:00pm!
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns firstname.lastname@example.org
*Financial assistance is available. Please contact us directly at email@example.com *
You should receive a confirmation email once you register – please reach out if you do not as registration will not have gone through. Isabelle – firstname.lastname@example.org