The Executive Summary of CPF’s 2012 report on The State of French Second Language Learning in Canada features six very accessible summaries of presentations by researchers and experienced educators:
- Access to Special Education for Exceptional Pupils in French Immersion Programs: An Equity Issue
- The Suitability of Immersion for All Learners: What Does the Research Say?
- Myths, Policies, and Research: The Case of a New Brunswick Grade 3 French Immersion Entry Point
- Exceptional Learners: Honouring and Accommodating a Different Way of Learning
- Closing the Window to Open the Door: Preparing for More Inclusive French Immersion Classes
- Meeting Student Needs in French Immersion: Learning and Literacy Programming
as well as the recommendations from a June 2012 roundtable on this topic.
The proceedings of the spring 2012 roundtable of experts on this topic is now available on the CPF website.