Canadian Parents for French Alberta is proud to be the founder and the coordinator of “French Family Fun Weekends”. These weekends are an opportunity for families of students in French-second-language, French Immersion and Francophone programs to come together to not only celebrate their childrens’ French language skills, but to also provide them an opportunity for their children to “live” French by participating in a full-day socio-cultural activity.
The two weekends are:
- Falling Into French Weekend -Canmore. October 20-22 2017.
- French Family Weekend – Jasper. March 2-4 2018.
FALLING INTO FRENCH
This year’s Fall weekend in Canmore will take place from October 20 – 22, 2017 at the Coast Canmore Hotel. This year’s fee is $500.00 for a family of 2 adults and 2 children. Special rates for families of different sizes are available upon request.
The price for the weekend includes the following:
- Two (2) nights accommodation for two (2) adults and two (2) children under age 18.
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Dinner and entertainment Saturday evening
- Student programming all day on Saturday
- Lunch for students on Saturday
- Parent education session
- Sunday morning family activity
- All taxes and fees
*Please contact us for special rates for families of different sizes
FRENCH FAMILY FUN WEEKEND
The 2018 event will take place in Jasper, AB from March 2-4, 2018 at the Lobstick Lodge.
The format is similar for both weekends:
- Arrive Friday night
- Saturday from 08:30 to 16:00 – Student programming
- Saturday from 09:00 to 11:00 – Parent education session
- Saturday evening – Dinner and French entertainment
- Sunday morning – Family activity.