|With your cash donation: The Alberta Branch of Canadian Parents for French welcomes donations from its members and others. Income tax receipts are provided for all cash donations (registered charity #11883 5123 RR 0001).You may indicate, if you choose, that the donation be directed to a specific project.Simply mail your cheque to: CPF Alberta, 211 – 15120 – 104 Avenue NW, Edmonton AB T5P 0R5.|
With your expertise, resources: Not everyone has time to give, but many have other things to offer, such as:
- free or reduced-rate services (e.g., photocopying)
- donating goods for a variety of purposes (e.g., raffle items, thank-you gifts, prizes)
- sharing expertise in a particular field (e.g., auditing, volunteer development, publicity, computer support).
Through advertising: CPF Alberta offers two ways to reach parents, students, educators and others who are interested in French-second-language learning:
- Advertising in our é-communnique (Please contact us at email@example.com for information)
- Advertising Information
If you have any questions regarding advertising opportunities, contact our Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-433-7311 in Edmonton, 1-888-433-6036 from elsewhere in Alberta.
With your time: In any volunteer organization there are always hundreds of jobs to be done, from Provincial President to envelope stuffer. If you are interested in helping out at the local chapter or the provincial level, please contact either our branch office or your local chapter.
Nominations to the CPF Alberta Board of Directors:
|President||The role of the President is to:
|Vice President||The Vice President:
|Director||It is the responsibility of the Board of Directors to:
Individual Directors also take on specific roles, such as Secretary, Treasurer or Committee Chair.
Frequently asked questions
How many people are elected to the CPF Alberta Board?
The Board can include up to nine members.
What is the term of office?
Directors are elected to the Board for 2-years term at the branch Annual General Meeting, with about half of the Board elected each year.
What would my time commitment be?
Board meetings are generally held 6 times between Annual General Meetings. Months and dates vary annually, depending on strategic plans, board members’ availability and budget limitations.
There are at least 3 face-to-face meetings (usually on a conference weekend) and 3 virtual meetings online each year (usually in the evening midweek). Meetings are scheduled as far in advance as possible.
Average time commitment for Board-related activities is 45 hours per year. Committee meetings are in addition to this, as required.
Would I be oriented and mentored if I take on a board position?
There is an information package and an orientation session for new Board members. The Board also undertakes an annual needs survey to determine what training is required, and specific training for the Directors is provided in conjunction with at least 3 Board meetings a year. There is also ongoing mentoring from the experienced Board members and support from the staff.
Would I receive an honorarium from CPF Alberta?
No remuneration is paid to any elected or appointed Director for services rendered to or on behalf of CPF Alberta. However, reasonable out-of-pocket expenses (including meeting attendance) are paid in accordance with CPF Alberta policy.
It is the responsibility of the CPF Alberta Nominations Committee to identify future board needs, gather and generate names of prospective Directors, research and screen prospective Directors, and to circulate a list of nominees to CPF Alberta members at least 30 days before the Annual General Meeting.
To reach the current Nominations Committee email email@example.com or contact our Executive Director at 780-433-7311 in Edmonton or 1-888-433-6036.
Additional Nominations Procedure
In addition to nominations made by the Nominations Committee, and in lieu of nominations from the floor at the Annual General Meeting, members of Canadian Parents for French, Alberta Branch may put forward nominations for the Board of Directors as follows:
- There are not already two board members from the nominee’s chapter whose terms will both continue for the coming year.
- The nominee is a Voting Member.
- The nominee is not excluded from sitting on the board by the bylaw regarding Term of Office for board members.
- The nomination must be submitted by at least five Voting Members from at least two CPF chapters located in Alberta, and must include a letter from the nominee stating that s/he agrees to be nominated.
- The nomination must identify the position for which the member is being nominated.
- A member may not be nominated for more than one position in the same year.
- The nomination must be received by the CPF Alberta head office no later than July 30.
The Executive Director shall inform the Nominations Committee of any such nominations.
The Executive Director shall ensure that the names of such nominees are circulated to CPF Alberta members at least 30 days before the Annual General Meeting.
Submit a name
To nominate an individual through the Additional Nominations Procedure (above), forward the required information to the CPF Alberta head office no later than July 30: